Mark your calendars! This will be a week long exploration into practice and therapeutic applications of yoga with special guest teachers in varying disciplines, separate morning practice open to the general public and afternoon sessions for teachers and therapists. This is a required course for anyone interested in apprenticeship in the weekly therapeutic classes now being offered by Anya.
Mornings 2-3 hr Public Classes: Asana, Self-Care, Restorative with Pranayama and Meditation
Afternoons 3-4 hr Therapeutic Applications through the body systems
We will address:
- what creates a sustainable practice that supports and nourishes us for an entire lifespan
- injury prevention, body maintenance and self-healing techniques
- asana that is tailored to one's own body, constitution, stage of life, and spirit
- creating the ebb and flow of practice (challenging oneself vs allowing space for deep rest)
- the heart of compassion
- social integrity as a teacher and community leader
- self- and community- empowerment
- shadow work and mindfulness as gateway to deep listening
More details to come!!!