BREAKTI ANNOUNCES NEW IMMERSION/TT
Breakti 35-hour Immersion and Teacher Training
August 15-18, 2013
This Immersion will SELL OUT quickly, so please register early!
Download the PDF application HERE.
More on the Breakti® Immersion and TT:
Breakti Teacher Training and Immersion - Module One - 35 hours
Fearlessness, Flight and Flow
Featured in Yoga Journal, Origin Magazine and many other publications, Breakti® unites the precision, flow and attention of yoga with the dynamism, fierce playfulness, and power of street dance. Through a carefully crafted vinyasa sequence we will efficiently access core and upper body strength, prepare the spine, wrists and shoulders, and open the sides and inner lines of the body using both traditional yoga asana and postures and transitions that derive from street dance and break(dance). The class builds to a dynamic, sweaty and engaging flow that integrates music, repetition and various hand balancing techniques, inspiring practitioners to step to their edge, let loose inhibitions that can impede growth in practice, and discover and own their inherent fearlessness and strength in inversions and arm balances.
This foundational Breakti® Immersion introduces those already teaching yoga and yoga-related movement to the basic principles outlining a Breakti® Flow class and how to incorporate the Breakti® methodology into any existing class.
Expect to gain a solid understanding of the fundamental principles and style that make Breakti® a unique movement experience for anyone. Arm balances and inversion variations relate to breakin’ freezes or stalls, repetition in traditional yoga asanas/transitions create a sense of rhythm and play in practice, handstand variations allow practitioners to step to new edges in balancing and fearlessness. Immersion students will learn foundational sequences and postures and then play with how to creatively thread these into classes, along with many variations and modifications for differing needs and levels of experience.
In addition to the physical practice, reading and writing assignments will be given prior to the training to prep and work with the concept of fearlessness, the “shadow”, hip hop as a working ground, and more. Creating an inviting and inclusive environment is a huge component to Breakti®, so this will be the underlying framework for most of the training.
A breakdown of the training in hours:
- Breakti class experiential formats 7-8 hrs.
- Set up and Foundation of fundamental Breakti Poses including basic arm balancing, handstand and forearm stand. 4 hrs.
- Yin, Restorative, Counterposing theories 2 hrs.
- Fundamental Principles of Breakti Flow Classes 3 hrs. (and also included and discussed in class formats)
- Practice Teaching, Feedback 5-6 hrs.
- Therapeutics/Sustainability principles for wrists, shoulders, neck, low back 2 hrs.
- Setting Class Themes, Opening the Space, Keeping It Real 2-3 hrs.
- Business of Yoga, Branding, Breakti® Certification Process 1 hr
- Guest Lecturer DJ Scribe, founder of I Love Vinyl, on the art of Deejaying, creating useful playlists and working with music in class - 1.5 hours
- Guest Movement Teacher Raphael Xavier, 30 year break(dance) veteran, creator of Ground-Core breakin’ and somatics movement class. 2 hours
Come get down in your dog...
(click on Breakti Page for more details)
May 18 Earth Yoga NYC
June 20 - Special Event with PumpOne Fitness and Time Out New York
Some Breakti ® Mat Flow sequences:
More info on Breakti ® ...
Breakti ® airs on ABC 7!!!! Click here to find out more about upcoming classes!!!